Our SPRING SHOW
Each year we celebrate our student's hard work with a year end recital. The recital usually falls on weekend before Memorial Day.
This year our spring recital will be held:
MAY 16, 2020 at CUMBERLAND VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL
Tickets go on sale Thursday, April 16, 2020 at 10:00am. Buy tickets here!:
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
Answer all of your recital questions by reading our Recital Handbook!
Tickets On Sale:
Recital Fee Due:
April 16, 10am
April 16, 10:00am
Sleeping Beauty - $12 per ticket
2020 Vision - $12 per ticket
Both Sleeping Beauty & 2020 Vision* - $15 total -A savings of $9! (*You must buy these tickets at the same time to receive the discount.)
All seats are RESERVED. There is no limit to the number of tickets you can purchase. Tickets are sold on a first come, first served basis. Children ages 3 and under are free as “lap children”, however, if they require a seat, they will need a ticket.
If you would like to reserve a seat for your dancer to sit with you, you must also purchase a ticket for them. There will be a limited number of seats available in the back of the auditorium for dancers (if they do not require adult supervision). If they choose to sit in these seats, they do not need a ticket. Dancers are also welcome to remain backstage for the duration of the show.
Tickets will be sold online through the day of the show, however, the price will be at the door for $15 for each show (no discount).
Due by April 17, 2020
Program ads are a great way for us to be able to pay down the cost of the recital. With the generosity of the students and the community, we strive to keep our ticket prices low. Please consider purchasing ad space for a business advertisement or for some words of encouragement for your dancer.
Full page and half page ads are offered in color and black and white!
All advertisements must be emailed in PDF or JPG format to email@example.com. More examples will be available in the studio lobby.
Recital Fee and video download
$45 due by May 1
Recital Fees include:
- Recital video download
- 1 pair of recital tights (per account)
- 1 recital t-shirt (per student)
We pride ourselves on putting on a quality show for our dance families each year. Due to the rising costs of the theatre rental, insurance, stage manager, etc. and to continue to offer tickets at a reasonable price, we have decided to add the recital fee.
With your recital fee, you will receive a professional download of each dance that can easily be shared. Our videographer will also provide an edited version of the entire show, similar to a DVD. Like pictures, you will need a password to access the video footage. Video footage will be available to download until December 31, 2019.
Each family will also receive one pair of required recital tights (per account) and a recital t-shirt for each registered student. Both can be picked up at the office after your recital fee is paid.
Flowers -$6-11 -
Royer’s Flowers and Gifts are offering flowers for your dancer! Orders must be placed by April 30. Orders may be placed in the office with Gabby or via the link provided. Payment is required through your Danceworks account. Any payments not made before May 1st will be automatically charged to your Danceworks account with your Recital Fee. Please note that there will be a credit card processing fee of 3% which is not included in the listed prices.
DVD/Bluray - Prices TBD - If you want a physical copy of the recital or ballet, you can purchase one. Recital video downloads are included in your recital fee.
May 11-15, 2020
April 18, 10:00-4:30pm
May 15, 2020, 5:00pm
CV High School Performing Arts Center
6746 Carlisle Pike, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050
We will start dress rehearsal with our ballet, The Sleeping Beauty. If you are a part of the ballet, please arrive fully dressed and ready no later than 4:30pm. Please check in when you arrive.
Finale rehearsal will start at 5:45pm. Students are asked to meet backstage. There will be a handful of helpers for the younger students. Students should be fully dressed for their first dance (makeup and all). Students will be released back to their parents after finale rehearsal.
After finale, students must be checked in backstage during their scheduled block of time. After you check in, please DO NOT leave the auditorium. If a student has multiple dances, parents will be responsible for getting their child changed during DRESS REHEARSAL ONLY.
There will be NO food or drink allowed into the auditorium. There will be no video cameras or flash photography allowed. Please respect these requests so that we can continue to have open rehearsals in years to come.
Dancers will be returned to their parents backstage after they are finished rehearsing. Students need to be there at the beginning of their block of time. We will not wait for students who are running late. Please understand that to get through all our dances in an orderly and timely fashion, we need to keep the rehearsal moving. Each class will have approximately 5-10 minutes on stage.
Please listen for announcements in case we run out of order. We have also been known to run early.
The recital lineup is different than the dress rehearsal schedule.
Students dancing before intermission are to be dropped off at 2:00 and picked up during intermission. Please do not pick up during any other times due to the distraction to the audience.
Students dancing after intermission are to be dropped off at intermission and picked up at the completion of the show.
Each child will have a badge with their picture, name, and dances. They will receive their badge when they check in and return their badge when they are finished performing. If your child is watching the second half of the show, but participating in finale, they should keep their badge and return it after finale.
Parents will not be allowed in the dressing room. Please have your dancer's things labeled.
Dancers should arrive dressed in their first costume according to the schedule. Hair and makeup should be completed prior to arriving.
Dancers who participated in The Sleeping Beauty should remain backstage. Please do not pick up dancers at the end of the show UNLESS they are done dancing for the day.
Dancers should have costumes and accessories prepared in the order of their dances. Some dancers will be required to change backstage due to their performance schedule and should be ready for these quick changes. Staff and faculty will be available to assist with these quick changes.
Things to know:
- Students in our mini ballet, The Sleeping Beauty, need to arrive by 12:15 for a 1pm curtain. Dancers in Company or Level 4+ are highly encouraged to attend a ballet warmup on stage at 11:45pm with Motique.
- Students in our general dance recital, 2020 Vision, need to arrive by 2:00pm for a 2:30 curtain. Dancers who dance ONLY after intermission, may check in backstage during intermission.
- We have many helpers backstage, many of whom are certified child care personnel. Parents will not be allowed backstage during recital. Please trust that we will keep your child safe. Their care is of the utmost importance to us!
- Each child will have a badge with their picture, name, and dances. They will receive their badge when they check in and return their badge when they are finished performing. If your child is watching the second half of the show, but participating in finale, they should keep their badge and return it after finale.
- Dancers should wear their last costume for finale.
- Please label EVERYTHING with your child’s name. Feel free to send activities and dry snacks (such as pretzels or animal crackers) with your child. However, we are not responsible for any lost items.
- NO beverages besides water will be allowed backstage. (Nothing that could transfer onto the costumes.)
- If your student is in the first half of the show and would like to participate in finale, please have them join our helpers backstage when called. You can then pick them up backstage after the show has finished.
- With many children backstage, please be patient as we ensure all students get back to their parents as quick and efficiently as possible during pick up times.
We appreciate your cooperation!
Hair and Makeup
Makeup needs to be visible to the audience from stage. Below are some images of how makeup should look for both Dress Rehearsal and Performance Days. We recommend the following makeup:
- Eyeshadow/Blush/Lipstick: Makeup Palette, $30, Can be ordered at the office. No need to run to a bunch of different stores to get the correct makeup items! Included in each palette is your eyeshadows, blush, and lipstick. (White under eyebrow, Grey on eyelid, Black in the crease of the eye)
- Fake Eyelashes: Ardell Fashion Lashes in size 105
- Mascara/Eyeliner: Black eyeliner/mascara applied on both bottom and top lid
- Foundation: Liquid foundation to match skin tone
- Lip Stick: We recommend Maybelline Superstay Matte Ink in color Founder
Pre, Primary, and Tiny students, do not need full stage makeup, but do need some makeup to enhance their features:
- Lip: Berry color
- Cheek: Berry color
- Eye Shadow: Grey palette
- Foundation: To match skin
Hair needs to be in a slicked back bun with PINS and HAIRNET. No bangs or wispy pieces should be loose or visible. Hair accessory to be worn around or to the right of the bun.
- Pre and Primary: Hair not parted, accessory on top middle of bun unless specified
- Levels 1-5: Hair parted on the left, accessory on right of bun
- Hip Hop: Hip Hop dancers with one dance are permitted to wear their hair in a left parted ponytail. Students with quick changes or if unable to switch their hair themselves will be required to leave hair in a bun.
Tights and Accessories
All students are to have Revolution Classic Pink Footed or Convertible Tights unless otherwise specified. All tights must be purchased through Carlisle Dance.
Many extra accessories have been crafted or purchased to make our Cinderella ballet come to life. With the hope to reuse this studio investment, we are requiring that these accessories (marked by a diamond) be returned after the show. There will be labeled bins at the theatre for return. Thank you!
The Sleeping Beauty: Mini Ballet
May 16, 2020
12:15 Arrival, 1:00 Curtain
2020 Vision: Dance Recital
May 16, 2020
2:00 Arrival, 2:30 Curtain
Recital Handbook 2020
Download a copy of the Recital Handbook so you know all details of Tech Night, Dress Rehearsal, Recital, and more!