Our SPRING SHOW
Each year we celebrate our student's hard work with a year end recital. The recital usually falls on weekend before Memorial Day.
This year our spring recital will be held:
MAY 18, 2019, 2PM at CUMBERLAND VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL
Tickets go on sale April 12, 2019 at 9:00am. Buy tickets here!:
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
The Recital Handbook 2019 has everything you need to know about our Spring Recital!
Program Ads Due:
Tickets On Sale:
Recital Fee Due:
April 12, 9am
April 12, 9:00am
Tickets go on sale on April 12 at 9:00am EST by any of the following methods:
- Online at https://www.tututix.com/client/carlisledance/
- Via the Carlisle Dance Facebook page
- By calling the toll-free Call Center at (435) 222-2849
Tickets are $12. All seats are RESERVED. There is no limit to the number of tickets you can purchase. Tickets are sold on a first come, first serve basis. Children ages 2 and under are free as “lap children”, however, if they require a seat, they will need a ticket.
If you would like to reserve a seat for your dancer to sit with you, you must also purchase a ticket for them. There will be a limited number of seats available in the back of the auditorium for dancers (if they do not require adult supervision). If they choose to sit in these seats, they do not need a ticket. Dancers are also welcome to remain backstage for the duration of the show.
Tickets will also be sold at the door for $14. If you choose to purchase tickets at the door, you may not get the option to select your seat. Instead, the remaining seats will be sold from front to back.
Due by April 15, 2019
Program ads are a great way for us to be able to pay down the cost of the recital. With the generosity of the students and the community, we strive to keep our ticket prices low. Please consider purchasing ad space for a business advertisement or for some words of encouragement for your dancer.
New This Year: Full page and half page ads are offered in color and black and white!
All advertisements must be emailed in PDF or JPG format to firstname.lastname@example.org. More examples will be available in the studio lobby.
Recital Fee and video download
$45 due by May 1
Recital Fees include:
- Recital video download
- 1 pair of recital tights (per account)
- 1 recital t-shirt (per student)
Why the change?
We pride ourselves on putting on a quality show for our dance families each year. Due to the rising costs of the theatre rental, insurance, stage manager, etc. and to continue to offer tickets at a reasonable price, we have decided to add the recital fee.
Previously, DVDs had helped us pay down the costs of recital, however, DVD sales have declined due to the changes in technology. We have received feedback that many families want a digital copy that they can share with families and friends, so we are providing each family with a recital video download this year!
With your recital fee, you will receive a professional download of each dance that can easily be shared. Our videographer will also provide an edited version of the entire show, similar to a DVD. Like pictures, you will need a password to access the video footage. Video footage will be available to download until December 31, 2019.
Each family will also receive one pair of required recital tights (per account) and a recital t-shirt for each registered student. Both can be picked up at the office after your recital fee is paid.
May 4, 10:00-4:30pm
Students should arrive fully dressed in their first costume per the schedule. Hair should be pulled back into a bun for group pictures except for Hip Hop. Hip Hop classes may wear their hair in a parted ponytail. Makeup is at the parent’s discretion for Picture Day. Parents are asked to stay to assist their child with any costume changes. Parents will not be allowed in the room while pictures are being taken. Please trust that our staff and photographer will capture a great picture! Please arrive early.
These times are tentative, please be flexible but arrive at the BEGINNING of your block of time. Each class should take approximately 5-10 minutes to photograph. We will not wait for you if you are late.We have been known to run early!
A $15 sitting fee per dancer will be due by May 4 at the time of the first picture. You may pay with cash/check that day. If you would like to pay with a credit card, please log into your Danceworks account priorto Picture Day. Pictures will then be available to order online at a later date.
New This Year: If you cannot attend Picture Day, you must let us know by sending an email to email@example.com telling Gabby in the office by May 3rd. If you do not let us know prior to Picture Day that you will not be attending, you will still be charged for your sitting fee.
Hair needs to be in a slicked back bun with PINS and HAIRNET for group photos. Hair accessories are to be worn around or to the right of the bun.
- Pre, Intro, Primary: Hair not parted, accessory on top middle of bun unless specified
- Levels 1-5: Hair parted on the left, accessory on right of bun
- Hip Hop: Hair parted on the left, accessory on right of ponytail
PICTURE DAY SCHEDULE:
May 16, 2019
Tech Night will be held at the studio on Thursday, May 16. Students in the classes below are asked to come to the studio to do a run through of their dances.
Students normally in Thursday night classes should see the schedule below as some class times have changed.
Students should wear all black with their hair pulled back into a NEAT bun. This makes it easier to clean dances. Ballet students should wear their normal class leotard and tights.
The schedule on Thursday, May 16, will be as follows:
May 17, 2019, 5:00pm
CV High School Performing Arts Center
6746 Carlisle Pike, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050
New This Year: We will start dress rehearsal with our ballet, Excerpts from Cinderella. If you are a part of the ballet, please arrive no later than 4:45pm. Please check in when you arrive.
Finale rehearsal will start at 5:45pm. Students are asked to meet backstage. There will be a handful of helpers for the younger students. Students should be fully dressed for their first dance (makeup and all). Students will be released back to their parents after finale rehearsal.
After finale, students must be checked in backstage during their scheduled block of time. After you check in, please DO NOTleave the auditorium. If a student has multiple dances, parents will be responsible for getting their child changed during DRESS REHEARSAL ONLY.
There will be NO food or drink allowed into the auditorium.There will be no video cameras or flash photography allowed.Please respect these requests so that we can continue to have open rehearsals in years to come.
Dancers will be returned to their parents backstage after they are finished rehearsing. Students need to be there at the beginningof their block of time. We will not wait for students who are running late. Please understand that to get through all our dances in an orderly and timely fashion, we need to keep the rehearsal moving. Each class will have approximately 5-10 minutes on stage.
Please listen for announcements in case we run out of order. We have also been known to run early.
Dress Rehearsal Schedule:
REcital, May 18
2pm Show Time
Dancers must arrive by 1:15pm
The recital lineup is different than the dress rehearsal schedule.
Each student should look at the lineup for the recital beforehand and know their performance schedule. Dancers should have costumes and accessories prepared in the order of their dances. Some dancers will be required to change backstage due to their performance schedule and should be ready for these quick changes. Staff and faculty will be available to assist with these quick changes.
*Please note: There may be a few changes to the final recital schedule.
Our backstage procedures are as follows:
- Students in the first half of the show (before intermission) are to be dropped off at 1:15p and picked up during intermission or announcements. Please do not pick up during any other times due to the distraction to the audience.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you pick up during announcements, there may be a wait as many of our faculty are called on stage.
- Students in the second half of the show (after intermission) are to be dropped off at intermission and picked up at the completion of the show.
- We have many helpers backstage, many of whom are certified child care personnel. Parents will not be allowed backstage during recital. Please trust that we will keep your child safe. Their care is of the utmost importance to us!
- Each child will have a badge with their picture, name, and dances. They will receive their badge when they check in and return their badge when they are finished performing. If your child is watching the second half of the show, but participating in finale, they should keep their badge and return it after finale.
- Dancers should wear their last costume for finale.
- Please label EVERYTHINGwith your child’s name.Feel free to send activities and dry snacks (such as pretzels or animal crackers) with your child. No peanuts please! We are not responsible for any lost items.
- NO beverages besides water will be allowed backstage. (Nothing that could transfer onto the costumes.)
- If your student is in the first half of the show and would like to participate in finale, please have them join our helpers backstage when called. You can then pick them up backstage after the show has finished.
- With many children backstage, please be patient as we ensure all students get back to their parents as quick and efficiently as possible during pick up times.
We appreciate your cooperation!
Hair and Makeup
Makeup needs to be visible to the audience from stage. Below are some images of how makeup should look for both Dress Rehearsal and Performance Days. We recommend the following makeup:
- Eyeshadow/Blush/Lipstick: Makeup Palette, $30, Can be ordered at the office. No need to run to a bunch of different stores to get the correct makeup items! Included in each palette is your eyeshadows, blush, and lipstick. (White under eyebrow, Grey on eyelid, Black in the crease of the eye)
- Fake Eyelashes: Ardell Fashion Lashes in size 105
- Mascara/Eyeliner: Black eyeliner/mascara applied on both bottom and top lid
- Foundation: Liquid foundation to match skin tone
Pre, Primary, and Intro students, do not need full stage makeup, but do need some makeup to enhance their features:
- Lip: Berry color
- Cheek: Berry color
- Eye Shadow: Grey palette
- Foundation: To match skin
Hair needs to be in a slicked back bun with PINS and HAIRNET. No bangs or wispy pieces should be loose or visible. Hair accessory to be worn around or to the right of the bun.
- Pre and Primary: Hair not parted, accessory on top middle of bun unless specified
- Levels 1-5: Hair parted on the left, accessory on right of bun
- Hip Hop: Hip Hop dancers with one dance are permitted to wear their hair in a left parted ponytail. Students with quick changes or if unable to switch their hair themselves will be required to leave hair in a bun.
Tights and Accessories
All students are to have Revolution Classic Pink Footed or Convertible Tights unless otherwise specified. All tights must be purchased through Carlisle Dance.
Many extra accessories have been crafted or purchased to make our Cinderella ballet come to life. With the hope to reuse this studio investment, we are requiring that these accessories (marked by a diamond) be returned after the show. There will be labeled bins at the theatre for return. Thank you!
Recital Handbook 2019
Download a copy of the Recital Handbook so you know all details of Tech Night, Dress Rehearsal, Recital, and more!